Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Becoming a Big Sister

One thing I have been saying for years I need to do is volunteer more often. A few years back I expressed interesting in joining Big Brothers and Big Sisters but it never seemed to work out. Either I didn’t follow up or the man who called me didn’t follow up. So luckily my friend Jovana works for the organization gave me an application. Usually I will wait a few days, fill out the application and then it will sit on a stack of other things that I always want to do and never seem to finish.
Today I filled out the application and put it in the mail to my friend right away. So this time tomorrow she should have my application then hopefully by the end of this month I will be a “Big Sister”. This is the start of ways I would like to help or give back to my community. Someday I would like to do some work for the S.P.C.A. but I think that might be hard because my love for all animals is so immense. I would end up with about 10 more cats then I wanted. But this is the launch of the new me. After I enter the program I will let you all know how it goes but I anticipate it will be a wonderful experience.

1 comment:

  1. Yay you Liz! I love being a Big Sister. I often struggle with time since my work life keeps me on my toes but knowing that there is someone younger than you looking forward to spending a few hours with you is so heart warming! You'll just love being a big sister. Best wishes and much love to you!

    ReplyDelete